Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Our New Year's Eve Decadence

We had a snacky kind of lunch today at the Tip Top Cafe, which consisted of an order of onion rings we split.
Dinner is at 10 p.m. tonight at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
We figured 10 p.m. was a suitably decadent time to eat dinner, and we won't have to wonder whether we'll be able to stay awake until midnight, since we'll be out already.
We ran into a friend of mine who owns a B & B downtown, and she invited us to watch the midnight fireworks off her rooftop, but I ain't driving downtown with 200,000 drunk sons of bitches down there raising hell in their souped-up jalopies and SUV's.
I figure around midnight we'll be finishing up a glass of port or some other beverage I am not supposed to have instead of running the streets like a bunch of 20-something ne'er-do-wells.
Yes, I am old and starting to sound crotchety. This Canuck is running me ragged with her youthful enthusiasm and vigor. In fact, I am going to go take a nap now.
Happy New Year again, y'all.
Zzzz.

No comments: