Friday, July 11, 2003

Taking Off the Hair Shirt

Whew. After a week of relative isolation and soul searching, I think my basic, happy go lucky superficiality has kicked in again and righted my lopsided world.
Suffice it to say, my relationship with la is officially over, after yesterday's last ditch groveling failed to produce anything beyond the repeated phrase, "you need to move on."
When the phrase "I love you" is constantly capped with "but," it is indeed time to move on.
So I shall, and I wish her well. I will miss her but I will not miss the constant vacillation.
A few weeks ago, I wrote about my friends Christie and Becky, an A-list lesbian couple whose domestic dispute turned into a fatal gunshot wound, killing Becky. Yesterday on the news I learned that Christie will not be charged with murder. The case was ruled self defense, as I was certain it would be.
Christie held a press conference after the decision, urging other victims of spousal abuse to stop keeping the secret and get out before they suffer a similar catastrophe. She looked like hell. I am sure her emotional life is ruined, and her career can't have been helped by this ordeal. Heaven help her and I hope Becky's soul is resting in peace.

No comments: