Monday, October 28, 2002

Blogging Banter

It seems I blog better when I am pissed off about something.
When I am in a good mood, I have nothing much to say.
Reminds me of a joke:
This woman had a baby who never made a sound. He was tested for it and everything was normal, he just didn't talk. Finally when he was 4 years old, he looked up from the breakfast table and said, "Mom, this toast is burnt."
The mother was shocked and delighted. She said, "Son, oh my God, you talked! Oh, this is wonderful! But why didn't you say something before today?"
The little boy replied, "Up till now, everything's been okay."
Well, my life is really okay right now.
My mother is in a terrific retirement home. Business is good. No feuds with my siblings or friends. Aviva and I are getting along better than we ever have in going-on three years, and I am going to Montreal to see her in 10 days.
In fact, my only problem is online Scrabble. She's been beating the stuffing out of me and I am worried that she'll come to think I'm dumb. I may be big and I may be butch but I don't want to be anyone's "big dumb butch."
But if that's the biggest problem I have, hey, I can deal.

No comments: