Sunday, October 20, 2002

A Rental, Maybe

Just saw "One Hour Photo."
Watching photos being processed at a One Hour Photo booth would have been more entertaining. Poor Robin Williams, bless his heart, he tried.
What a yawn of a script, an unthrilling thriller and a thoroughly forgettable movie.
I am getting ready for the perfect Sunday segue, Six Feet Under and the Sopranos.
No dinner tonight. I am a little off my feed. Maybe toast with just a little shmear of wild Maine blueberry preserves and some herb tea.
Fell asleep at 5 a.m. after a marathon ponder-fest. Change is in the wind.

Here's the rather maudlin song playing in my mind today:

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends
I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
there is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
---
From the same people who wrote, "All You Need is Love."
They were mistaken, that's not all we need.

No comments: