Monday, December 24, 2001

Christmas Eve Day: Noonish

Well, even if I tried I couldn't be in a bad mood today.
My friends Tricia and Irene just popped in with a little basket of homemade exotic cookies. I have never seen cookies like these. Cinnamon pinwheels, sage thumbprints, shortbreads, iced things, curly cue things, jam filled things, the works. How sweet was that?
Tonight I am making filet mignon, baked potatoes and salad, and my old friend Elaine is coming over to watch AbFab. She's bringing wine and lots of it, so it should be a great evening.
I read in the news some idiot boarded a plane with plastique explosives in his high top sneakers. The flight attendants and a half dozen passengers subdued him and belted him to his seat. A couple of doctors on board sedated him and another guy held a fire extinguisher to his face in case he acted up again. The news photo showed him with a shiner the size of a mini donut. I hope he has time to enter himself in the Darwin Awards, the stupid shmuck.
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just behaved themselves one day of the year? I mean, it doesn't have to be on Christmas Day, but I just wish the world would pick one day not to be violent or nasty or sneaky or abusive or criminal or dogmatic or irritating or stingy or chicken shit.
I am going to do my part tomorrow. As I drive up to Austin, I am not going to tailgate, shoot the finger, fail to signal lane changes, or drive faster than 85 mph. Then once I get there, I am not going to use any variation of the word fuck all day and night. Even if someone gives me a fucking Chia Pet.

1 comment:

unsgu said...

Nice info. Thank you.
all face the problem. finish with a calm heart and brain are cold and are trying so hard ... maximum engine power capacity | the price of motorcycles and cars | the latest engine specification | Minimalist Home Interior Design