Monday, December 03, 2001

Monday after the Blue Moon / Music Blog

Jeeze, I woke up in an unexplained funk this morning.
I slept way late and woke up feeling like I'd taken mega drugs last night, but all I had was a little brandy at around 8.
I had to put on Natalie Cole singing, "This Will Be" to perk myself up.
It's hard for me to count out time signatures in songs, but I think that song must be faster than a heartbeat. It's a therapeutic song, even if it is about romantic love that I am not currently feeling for anyone.
The Pointer Sisters used to record songs in something like a 32/16 beat to get dancers up on the floor. "I'm So Excited" was one of them. Damn song liked to kill me in my dancing fool youth.
I think George Harrison's death has hit me harder than I would have realized. Now we are down to two Beatles, and when they die I'll be officially an old geezer.
I listened to his song, "I Got My Mind Set on You" the other day and it brought back so many memories. I remember playing it while a nubile woman I wanted to date leaned into my car window and listened to it. It came thisclose to working on her.
I need to get a copy of "Who Let the Dogs Out" so I can play it real loud when the neighbors are playing Tejano music in their front yard.
I think they deserve a break from opera.

No comments: