Saturday, December 01, 2001

In Case of Emergency

I have a quarter kilo of El Rey dark chocolate on my shelf, just waiting for the right crisis.
Like a fire extinguisher or other safety device, it stands at the ready.
When cookies won't do, when cake is not enough, there is my block of 100 percent flavor beans, brimming with rich chocolatey goodness.
I first read about El Rey chocolate a few years ago in Texas Monthly.
It's a Venezuelan import, believed to be the finest grade chocolate in all the world. Pastry chefs worldwide use it in their best recipes, much to the dismay of Swiss, German, French and Belgian chocolatiers.
When I read the article, it was only available in a few Texas cities, the closest being Fredericksburg, a town about 70 miles away.
I called my best friend Anna and we rushed to Fredericksburg that morning to get some. I bought two kilos.
Now I keep at least a quarter kilo on hand for medicinal purposes.
That I haven't had to break into it yet is a very good sign. But the day is young.

1 comment:

unsgu said...

Helpful once ya news,
thanks a lot ya pa admin has given this good news. technology enggine honda cbr