Sunday, December 30, 2001

Sunday Afternoon

Odd thing.
I've had three calls today from three separate tribes, inviting me out for a pre-New Years bar hop-around. I guess people are into practicing for getting drunk on New Year's Eve, but I just can't get into it.
Besides, the cops have ruined getting drunk anymore.
They have taken away the time honored Texas tradition of having open containers in our cars, and they are ultra picky about drunk driving nowadays.
Okay, I am sorry if I am being cavalier, and I am sure at least someone reading this had lost someone to a drunken idiot behind the wheel, but I don't mean those guys.
What I mean is it's not fun to go out and drink anymore.
One glass of Merlot with dinner and you might get tagged with a DUI on the way home.
If you refuse to blow for the cops, they take your license anyway.
If the vice angels came to me and said I had to give up liquor or chocolate, I'd give up liquor.
My best friend Anna is a recovering alkie, for 15 years now. I never have to worry about her calling me drunk, her getting sloppy and puking on my couch, or her assigning her emotional debris to me for disposal. That AA program seems to turn out pretty fair minded people who know what the fuck is going on.
I am thinking seriously of spending NYE with her, not drinking, just hanging out.
Then when I leave after midnight, all I have to worry about is dodging drunk drivers and not getting pulled over by the cops for Driving While Sleepy.

1 comment:

unsgu said...

thank you, this website has provided very useful knowledge for me and others Minimalist House Interior Exterior | maximum engine power capacity | toyota new car price | the latest engine specification