Sunday, December 23, 2001

Sunday

I feel like I am in a little protective cocoon.
Seems I always have a lover at Christmas time and this year I don't.
And that's fine. No, really, it's fine.
After a year of my being constantly kept off balance by loving a borderline, I am in a peaceful place with no arguments, no tears and no daily drama.
My friend I mentioned four blogs ago who was in an abusive relationship has apparently discovered her tyranical lover was cheating on her. Yep. The lazy bum stays at home and lives off my friend, then cheats on her to repay her. Sounds like she'll end up in the part of Hell where they pipe in Yoko Ono music.
Being single allows me the freedom to develop deeper friendships with a variety of people. It also allows me the right to read myself to sleep everynight with a warm kitten curled up beside me.
I don't have to report in to anyone, explain myself to anyone or justify anything I decide to anyone. I don't even have to shave my legs every day.
With all the problems I hear from my friends about their fucked up relationships, I am thinking it's nice to be free for a change.

No comments: