Wednesday, May 08, 2002

A Lovely Day!

I think the homicidal and felonious parts of my tobacco withdrawal have finally eased up, eight days later.
I awakened this morning with a pleasantly sanguine attitude.
My coffee tastes better this morning and I can sense my lungs already are more elastic.
Somehow in this weirdness, I have misplaced 3 pounds in 8 days. Seems the Chinese herbs I am taking to cease addiction stimulate the metabolism and have a diuretic effect. They also pep me up in a nice way, not in a black molly way.
I have an editorial meeting at 2pm today with two really nice guys. I am not even dreading it, even though it requires a brief case, ironed clothes and a little make-up.
My smoking friends are starting to distance themselves, knowing they can no longer drop by and sully my now-hidden ashtrays with their assorted butts.
Yesterday I washed curtains and slip covers and cleaned some smoky residue off the woodwork. It's really amazingly gross to see what smoke does to walls, fabrics and shelves.
I hate it when people stop addictions and start to preach (just like I am doing now).
Okay, I'll stop.
Besides, I have so much energy I am going out to mow the lawn.

No comments: