Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Three Days to Go

I found out you can hang curtains without rods by stuffing the fabric between the window sill and tacking it to the wood, so that was a good thing.
I also got new tires today. You never know what the foreign visitor will notice.
I had to waste an hour browsing in Sears while waiting for the tires to be installed.
Egads, if someone gave me a $100 Sears gift certificate, I'd be hard pressed to spend it.
I already have all their tools and don't need paint. And I am not buying anything from the Barbara Bush women's wear or the Tuffskin jewelry departments.
Sears used to have popcorn and sell cashews and candy behind a really cool counter. Now it's like an old fart's department store. Smells like rubber hose and dust in there.
I am just about ready for her arrival. Still too tired to be nervous, but I'll make up for it at the airport.

No comments: