Wednesday, May 01, 2002

No Food or Water after 10 p.m.

My two cats have never faced a morning without food or water.
Bart, the older one, is a little on the chunky side and James, the baby, is a growing boy.
James has a neutering appointment today at 8 a.m. and the vet said no food or water, so I can't put any out for either kitty.
They are standing nearby, glaring at me as if I've lost my mind.
I can't make coffee or open the fridge, they would swarm and attack.
Bart got into bed with me this morning, something he hasn't done since he was a toddler the early 90's.
James has learned seven different new meows this morning, trying to demand food.
He will not be pleased when I try to stuff him into his cat carrier, even though it contains some of his baby toys, a soft little fleecy rug and a T-shirt that smells like me.
This must be what a parent feels like when she takes her small child to the hospital for a tonsillectomy. I don't think the vet will let me stay there overnight with James, so this is even worse in some ways.
Bart has now velcro-ed himself to my shin. James is staring into his empty food dish and whining. I feel like the ASPCA will be here soon to report me for kitty neglect.
Maybe I was Jewish mother in a past life.
Oy, I am kvelling.

No comments: