Thursday, May 09, 2002

Techfluid's Memories

That damn Chari over at TECHFLUID wrote an hilarious blog about a faggy teacher she had in elementary school who had a Brady Bunch wardrobe and helmet hair.
In reading it, I was reminded how nice it is to read funny blogs, and I chastised myself for being not funny enough lately in my own blog.
Between quitting smoking, having my kitten James de-nutted, being pissed off about priests, getting a new assignment that will eat into my precious leisure time, baby-sitting my old Mom for a weekend, and being nervous about meeting Zed in only nine days, I've been so tense you couldn't pull fishing line out of my butt with a pair of pliers.
I once had a girlfriend who was the biggest bitch on Earth. She referred to herself as "easily annoyed." To a lesser extent, I too am easily annoyed, especially when I think too much.
Seems to me, when people are able to focus on life's most mundane subjects and tiniest details, easy annoyance becomes a part of the territory.
One night last year I was having dinner with a straight male friend who is a standup comedian.
He and I got into a serious conversation about Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica and their pals.
I told him I thought Reggie was a latent homosexual and so was Moose, and they subjugated their homoerotic yearnings with snippiness and brutality, respectively.
My companion pondered it a while and agreed. Had he disagreed, I'd have been annoyed.
Some might consider this a most mundane topic, much less a topic with potential for debate.
They are not nitpicking old curmudgeons. They are not expected to understand.

No comments: