Friday, February 22, 2002

Ross the Intern

Yipes! It seems Pulp Friction is Google's number one site for locating information about Ross the Intern from Jay Leno's Tonight Show.
I checked the NBC/Leno site for additional information (being the quasi responsible journalist I am) but so far there's nothing mentioned about this very strange, funny, androgynous 'guy' whom I thought was a bulldyke when I first saw him.
I will gather as much information as I can about him and write more as info becomes available.
It just goes to show you, when America gets a peek at gay culture by way of it's more colorful characters, they are amused and curious. Almost 400 hits in two days tells me he's not just catching queer America's attention.
Caveat: I am not saying Ross the Intern is gay, mind you, but if he's straight then so is Ellen, Melissa, k.d., George Michael and Elton.
Ross wants his own talk show one day, and if America can tolerate Jerry Springer, Jenny Jones, Rikki Lake and some of these other skanky hosts, Ross ought to be a shoo-in. After all, he's almost Rosie O'Donnell's twin separated at birth and he could fit into all her manly suits!
I doubt he'll be able to make a long career of his over-the-top fairy princess routine, but he's every bit as funny as that Jack guy from "Will and Grace," plus he looks so much like a bulldyke, he's a real crowd pleaser.
I am interested in what others think of this guy.
Feel free to comment, unless you are from the Christian right wing fundamentalist lunatic fringe, at which point your comments might be met with some peppery but happily pro-queer replies.

No comments: