Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Wednesday morning

I think I would be an excellent Olympian.
My sport would be curling.
Zed tells me her little town in Canada has two curling arenas (or rings or boxes or whatever they call them) and I could learn the basics there, then practice on my driveway during the summer.
I could definitely be ready by 2006, and my blogs would be infinitely more interesting.
When I won the gold, I could show those young whippersnappers how to stand for the national anthem without all that wiggling.
After I won the gold, I could open a curling studio in San Antonio and introduce Texans to the intricacies of this exciting sport. Any sport where you can hold a beer or smoke a cigarette while you do it is bound to be a hit in Texas.
I have already envisioned the endorsements:
"Lone Star Beer presents the Texas Curling Team."
"Pro Curling: brought to you by Zig Zag rolling papers."
My best friend Anna is a psychotherapist. Her husband is a chiropractor. Their son Andrei will likely own a hair salon when he is older. I want them to start a business combining all three, called The Clip and Chat and Crack House.
They can sponsor my curling team.
You might want to reblog on this for posterity, so you can say you were in on the ground floor.

No comments: