Monday, July 22, 2002

Lefty's Big Day

My breasts and I are going to the hospital pathology lab later today to get the results of the biopsy I had last week.
I wish it was more like an assembly line, where they do the mammo and sonogram and biopsy and pathology studies and whatever comes next all in one day.
They draw it out like a bad Mexican soap opera, and that just makes it even more
nerve-wracking.
Frankly, by now I am bored with it.
Just tell me what it is and what to do, and if the thing inside needs to be removed, just give me some pills for before and after and otherwise leave me the fuck alone.
I walk down the hospital corridors and strangers ask, "Hey, Karen, how's Lefty?"
The only ones at the hospital who have not gloved up and examined the girls are the janitors and cafeteria people.
I've just about had it.

No comments: