Thursday, July 25, 2002

My Mind Has Indeed Snapped

This morning I agreed to meet my sister at 8:45 so we could go see my mom's new retirement home.
Not having an alarm clock, I worried that I would oversleep, so much so, I was awake until 3 a.m. contemplating it.
The full August moon must have been making everyone in the house weird.
Finally I nodded off, only to have my nearly grown 70-pound mountain lion kitty James knock over two glassed candles and a vase while he was patrolling my dresser.
The shock caused him to leap off the dresser and land on my bare thigh, claws out. Still scared, he used my thigh as a catapult to propel himself out of my bedroom at a full gallop. I have some impressive kitty lacerations to show for it.
At 4 a.m., after I calmed his little maniac ass down, we all went back to sleep.
I woke up at 8 on the dot.
Then I did my errands, returned around noon and passed out cold until 4 p.m.
I dreamed I was in Vegas and had spent all my gambling cash, so I was opening my wallet at a cashier's cage to use a credit card to get more cash. I opened it too fast and my credit cards flew out and landed all over the patterned carpet.
I retrieved all but the one I wanted to use, so I woke up in a panic that someone had stolen my card.
The moral is: what the fuck was I doing taking cash off a credit card to compensate for losing all my money? Oy it was a nightmare, for sure.

No comments: