Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Forty-nine Items: Part 1

In less than a week, I'll cross the threshold into my latest of late 40's.
Yep, I'll turn 49 next Tuesday.
Last year, I started fretting about turning 48, then I got cancer and had it removed and 48 suddenly seemed like a happy age...and it was a great year.
Here are 49 items to describe what it feels like to turn 49.

1. My ankles hurt!
2. Suddenly, elastic waist pants seem extra comfy.
3. My eyeglasses keep going in and out of their prescription.
4. Cops don't notice me.
5. Young men don't notice me.
6. Neither do young women.
7. I am too young to get senior discounts but too old to haunt gay bars.
8. The Grammies give awards to people I don't know.
9. I am starting to admire old ladies who have the courage to dye their hair blue.
10. I am grateful my breasts have stayed in the same vicinity all these years.
11. My girlfriend will be 41 this year and I consider her a young whippersnapper.
12. I will try not to smell like any pain ointments when we meet.
13. I compare RX meds with pals and envy some for getting cooler ones than me.
14. I am afraid to see what's under this hair color.
15. I have to consider my crowns before I eat something chewy.
16. Bathing suits: hahahahahaha! Please.
17. Orange juice and bananas give me heartburn. So does toast.
18. I get way too much mail from funeral homes and insurance companies.
19. I pay more attention to ads for medicines- just in case I may need them.
20. I forget what I am saying and doing way too often.
21. I forget where I put things.
22. My doctors recognize my voice when I call.
23. I have more than one doctor.
24. My family has stopped calling me "the baby of the family."
24. My first cousins are someone's grandparents by now.
25. I can't tell what make a car is anymore.
26. Forty-nine is such a huge number I have to continue this list on another blog!

No comments: