Monday, April 15, 2002

Stormy Monday

A storm's brewing outside. The wind is whipping up and a few big splat raindrops are hitting my driveway.
I figured I'd carry James outside to my front porch so he could see the effects of the wind and smell the rain in the air.
Turns out he's a big titty baby. He just balled himself up in my arms and started to tremble. Ha! Some mountain lion he turned out to be. He even buried his fuzzy little head in my arms.
My kitties don't even try to get outside. They are scared of outside. They do like car rides, though.
I was planning to get some errands accomplished today, but with the rain coming it's not a good day to go out. San Antonio drivers don't like inclement weather. They get in wrecks when it rains, and the rare snow we get causes the whole city to shut down.
San Antonio keeps getting funded for major road renovation and building, so half the town is always in a state of messy road repairs.
They are building a huge cloverleaf thing at the junction of two freeways here, and the main street near my house is always torn up. I think they are in cahoots with tire and alignment companies, because things can't possibly take this long to fix. It's like the video game Sim City when people forget to fund road maintenance.
Obviously, I have nothing to write about today. I am just doing this to avoid work I have to do.

No comments: