Monday, April 29, 2002

Not About Priests This Time

Holy cow!
My kitten James was apparently sick yesterday, hiding under the bed and skulking around all afternoon. I was worried he had something major wrong with him, but he's perfectly normal today, so that's a huge load off my mind.

Summer is here now. It should hit 94ยบ today, so that means its time to switch my bed linens to something less sweltering. My feather bed and down comforter seem just a tad ridiculous in this weather- though I do keep my house cool in the summer.

The feather bed is this ridiculously huge, non-channeled pile of feathers that shifts all over and makes my bed an additional foot high. I once asked a dry cleaner if he cleaned down comforters and he said yes, for $16. So I loaded the damn thing into my car and it took up the entire trunk. He said it took 4 hours in the dryer! HA! Said he'd have to charge me $50 next time.

Zed will be here in fewer than three weeks. I am starting to notice all the spider webs and cracks and chips and other flaws in my house. Looks like I am down for some serious spring cleaning and eliminating some of the piles of books and papers and clothes and shoes and kitten toys, lest she think me insane.

And I have to quit smoking.
Since tomorrow's my birthday, I will quit then. I have all sorts of Nicorette gum and little mints and stuff, but the best incentive to quit is that smoking is disgusting and stinky and horrible.
I had quit last year but started again in Canada, where I was with the world's most exasperating woman. She would have made Mother Teresa start hacking butts.

So... that's what's on my plate this week.

No comments: