Thursday, April 18, 2002

Playoffs Tension

The NBA Playoffs start this weekend and already my hatred for the L.A. Lakers is starting to overshadow my love for the San Antonio Spurs.
I have tickets for Game One of the playoffs against the boring Seattle Super Sonics, and I am already looking past Round One to see who we'll get in Round Two.
I don't care who wins the title this year as long as its not the Lakers. I hate them. I hate their coach. I hate Shaquille O'Neal.
This emotional combustion is harmful to my love life and social life. I can't help it, the playoffs seep into my consciousness and become an obsession.
I can't even see the colors gold and bluish purple without thinking of the evil Lakers empire. I want to see them beaten into oblivion.
I may have to watch my hormones. I think the testosterone is taking over.
Please God, just let the Lakers get swept out of the playoffs. By anyone. That's all I ask.

No comments: